HISTORY OF MOTHERS DAY
The holiday we celebrate on the second Sunday in May is an American institution. Mother's Day originated in the United States, where it was first celebrated on May 10 in 1908. While the holiday did not become an official national holiday until 1972, the first official Mother's Day proclamation was issued in 1914 by President Woodrow Wilson. The holiday was first celebrated in the United States on Sunday, May 8, 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a ceremony in her home in Grafton, West Virginia.
Mothers Day is an important day in which we celebrate our mothers and the impact they have had on our lives. It is celebrated on the second Sunday in May in most countries and has a long history. It began as a way to honor mothers and the sacrifices they made for their children. It is now a day on which we appreciate all that our mothers do for us, and it has become a holiday on which we also celebrate the role of mothers in our lives.
Among all the relationships on this Earth, there is one that stands out above all others. Feeling confused? There is no need to scratch your head too much because that extraordinary relationship is none other than that of the mother, which is pure gold in the sense of her unending love, devotion, and devotion towards the presence of all mothers around the globe. Mother's Day is celebrated across more than 46 countries of the world. Women, especially mothers, are undervalued in our male-dominated society therefore this is a crucial day for them.
DIFFERENT DATES AROUND THE WORLD!
On the second Sunday in May, we celebrate Mother’s Day around the world. In some countries, such as the United States, Mother’s Day is a public holiday. In other countries, such as the United Kingdom, it is not a public holiday. Most countries observe some form of Mother’s Day, which is a day to honor mothers.
AMAZING FACTS ABOUT MOTHER'S DAY!
1. A Mother's Day tradition is wearing a carnation. A colored carnation signifies that a person's mother is living while a white carnation is used to honor a deceased mother.
2. Mother’s Day is one of the most popular days of the year for eating out.
3. Carnations are the flowers typically associated with Mother’s Day.
4. In the UK, around thirty million cards are sent on Mother’s Day.
5. Traditionally, the food most associated with Mothering Sunday is Simnel Cake.
6. Mother’s Day is celebrated in 46 countries around the world.
7. The most popular Mother's Day gift is a card.
8. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than on any other day of the year.
9. One-fourth of the year's floral purchases are made around Mother's Day.
10. France used to award medals to mothers of large families.
MOTHERS DAY GIFT IDEAS
It's a time to show appreciation for all the mothers in your life and to give gifts to the women who are important to you. It's a day to show the women in your life how much they mean to you. Are you finding it difficult to find the perfect mothers day present? Don’t worry, Confetti Gifts has got you covered. We are your one-stop destination to buy mother’s day gifts online. This year, celebrate mothers day a little differently with these unique mother’s day gifts boxes
1. Personalized exploding box: Looking for great gifts for parents? This special idea is just perfect for them. Getting your mom a memorable gift is a special way to honor her as your best and eternal friend. A gorgeous heart-shaped pendant on a delicate chain punctuates the center of an exploding box. The heart-shaped box houses precious memories and cherished messages.
2. Mothers day special chocolate box: Who doesn’t love chocolate? A box filled with delicious chocolates in different shapes, sizes, and flavors is another perfect gift for your mother. This chocolate box is also a great idea for gifts under 999.
3. Personalized photo frame: On Mother's Day, share your most beautiful memory of your mom with the world. Make your photo frame look smart by choosing a wood frame and adding your favorite photo. This photo frame will definitely make a unique mothers day gift.
4. Pink Affari box: Another gift that is here to melt your mothers heart. This gift is all set to take away all worries of your mother and provide the care and love that she deserves with its unique items. Make it a more personalized gift by adding a special note for your mother this mother’s day.
5. Golden truffle box: Ever mother loves gold. Well, you might not be able to gift her actual gold on mother’s day but our golden truffle box is no less! Packed with golden aesthetics in a beautiful confetti reusable box this is just one of the best way to make your mother feel special.
6. Natura self care gift box: Make sure your supermom takes good care of herself with a set of natural, olive-based foot salts and face care products. The set contains a wash, mist, and moisturizer. Pack all the products together in a stylish gift box with a loving and heartwarming greeting card. You can also personalize the card with an image. This is an excellent idea for a mother's day hamper and will definitely make her day.
7. A homemade mothers day card: This care should be a genuine, heartfelt display of gratitude and appreciation. Think about why you love, respect, and appreciate your mother and what you hope she knows on this special day. This idea is also ideal for mom to be gifts. Simply put down your thoughts and speak through your heart!
8. Chai lover hamper: All of our mothers are definitely big chai lovers! The mood of the house depends on the mood of the mother and the mood of the mother is definitely dependent on her tea. This chai lover gift hamper is a box filled with varied flavours of tasty tea’s, a pack of parle-g biscuits and also a greeting card where you can express your feelings towards your mom.
9. Hey momma hamper: An ideal mother’s day gift that a child can give to their mom. This box is everything that your mother needs to feel special. It contains a special tea, body shop shower gel, nail paints, keychain, and a you’re the mom greeting card.
10.Lavish lavender: If you are planning a self care day for your mother this mothers day then you have just landed on the perfect gift. This lavish lavender box is completely packed with amazing self care goodies. Our mothers work 24x7, so it is important to give their bodies rest and proper nourishment. This hamper is your way to do so.
HOW TO MAKE MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL
Mother's Day is a day that celebrates mothers and all the special ways they make our lives better. It’s a time for us to thank our mothers for everything they do for us, and a chance for us to tell them how much we love and appreciate them. Whether she is a working mother or a housewife, she deserves all kinds of gestures and gifts from us. Confetti gifts have all kinds of gift box, for Corporate we have corporate gifts for women, we have best gifts for new mothers, and so on. Mothers are gifts to be cherished. Mother's Day is a special day that offers the opportunity to really let her know how much you care and appreciate her. However, every day is a good day to show your love for your mother, and every Mother's Day is a special day to show your appreciation and love.
Each year, there are a lot of fun ways to make mothers day special, from making our mothers breakfast in bed to taking them on a special trip and buying some special mother's day gifts boxes to surprise them with flowers or a card. Taking them shopping or to their favourite restaurant can also be a great way to win their heart. However, if you are planning an outing make sure it isn’t too tiring or adventurous since mothers deserve to rest on this particular day.
SOME OTHER FUN ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO TO MAKE MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL:
1. Throw a surprise party by calling over all her friends, family and near ones. Make or order her favourite dishes and cocktails. Have some fun together that your mother always wanted to do but couldn’t.
2. Pamper her by booking a spa session for her in her favorite luxury salon. A mother's job is never ending, however, once in a while everyone deserves a small break that is good for their mental and physical health. Surprise her with services such as hair spa, facial, pedicure, manicure, relaxing massage, etc. Will give her a much needed break and also make her feel relaxed and special.
3. Give her flowers as soon as she wakes up. Start the day on a cute and fresh note. Flowers are always the go to option to brighten up people’s mood and spread aroma and positivity across. A bouquet of flowers and handmade card is the most perfect way to wish your mother on mothers day.
4. Help her with her pending work. Even though we all think that mothers day gives our mom a day off, there are some daily chores that she has to do. We can’t skip on them but we can always make it easier, quicker and simpler for her. Give her a helping hand not only on mothers day but everyday. You can do things like chopping vegetables, cleaning the mixer, bringing groceries, organising things, etc.
5. Watching a movie together is another great way to make mothers day special for your mom. Make a relay of your and your mother's favorite movies and binge watch it the entire day. Pair it up with a comfortable atmosphere, your mother's favorite snacks and drinks to make it more enjoyable.
COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID WHILE CHOOSING A MOTHER'S DAY GIFT BOXES.
While we get too excited to make this day special for our mom, we tend to forget what to avoid on this memorable day. Celebrating mothers day is a lovely gesture, however, you need to take care of a few things to maintain its loveliness. Few common mistakes to avoid while selecting a gift are:
1. Don’t experiment
2. Don’t over plan
3. Remember your mother's choices
4. Provide a useless gift, mothers are always considerate about money!
5. Don’t re-gift to your mom!
6. Don’t give a gift that won't last for long
7. If you are planning an experience, make sure it isn’t too tiring
8. Don’t give a one-time gift
9. Choose her favourite colored and styled product
10.Don’t pick a very expensive gift
QUOTES ON MOTHER’S DAY
If you are making a handmade card or adding a personalized note to your gifts, you can always include some of these amazing quotes on mother’s day in it:
1. “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” — Unknown
2. “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
3. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
4. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
5. “A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” —Unknown
6. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” —Cardinal Mermillod
7. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” —Unknown
8. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ” —Robert Browning
9. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
10.“There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.” —Archibald Thompson